Here at Airdri, we love our facts and figures – and when it comes to the numbers, our brand new SteraSpace air and surface sanitiser range has some impressive statistics.
For instance, when installing one of our sanitisers, airborne micro-organisms are reduced by 98%. This resulted in a 42% reduction in absenteeism for one client. And all these benefits come at just £2 per month running costs. Our SteraSpace in numbers graphic above give you all the information.
Over the past 46 years, we have immersed ourselves in this industry and from history to science, we have picked up a few interesting facts about air quality along the way:
- Did you know our SteraSpace range is tested at Porton Down, better known as the Ministry of Defence’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL)?
- The technology used in a SteraSpace unit actually removes the reproductive capabilities of micro-organisms by zapping them with germicidal irradiation by dual UV light (Ultraviolet).
- The bulbs in our SteraSpace units cost just £12 a year to repair, making for an economically sound option to protect your workforce.
- Our technology in SteraSpace eliminates 98.11% of airborne and 99.6% of surface micro-organisms. It works in under 60 minutes.
- In 1992, legislation was passed, which declared employers needed to provide ‘a sufficient quantity of fresh or purified air’ in a workplace building.
- Ozone gas was discovered in 1840 by Christian Schonebein and was first used in water disinfection, with ozone generators developed for medical use through the 20th century.
- A team of researchers from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) found that on average, humans breathe in between 100,000 and 1 million microorganisms belonging to over 1,000 different types a day.
The Airdri SteraSpace range of products provides 24/7protection for 365 days a year in any indoor area including eating areas, toilets, sluice rooms, bedrooms, communal areas, or reception areas. The technology is safe and effective and is currently used by NHS, Ambulance services, schools, doctors, dentists, hairdressers, restaurants, hotels, and many others.
Unlike other routes to infection control, such as chemical fogging, SteraSpace can be used continuously in the background creating cleaner, fresher air throughout the day.